Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Casey Baird

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.”  
This quote has given me the inspiration to make this dream, not only of running in this race, but being a part of a team that will use our unique abilities to give back to such a great cause (American Cancer Society) a reality.  We have all been effected by someone with cancer.    This is our time to touch those who have touched us.  

The first of many podium moments for Casey!
I have lived in the Huntsville area since November of 2009.  With the encouragement of my neighbor, Dana DeBardelaben, I soon found running to be a passion. During my running journey, I have meet a lot of great people through running programs offered by Fleet Feet. Running has jump started me into the healthy lifestyle I have always wanted.  Currently, I am an active member of CrossFit Huntsville, a member of the Huntsville Track Club, as well as a NOBO coach for Fleet Feet. 

For the past 5 years, I have been employed at BB&T, who I am proud to say, was the first to support our team with a donation of $2500 to the American Cancer Society.  I recently got married, to Grant, in October 2010.  

I am running in celebration of Jen Heisler, who was my college roommate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment