Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ashley is Running for Her Grandmother, GeeGee

(Written by Ashley Casiano) I am running for my grandmother, Sylvia Boehmer.  She lost her fight to cancer when I was young, but the time I had with her was so memorable.  GeeGee, as I affectionately nicknamed her, was always fun and full of life.  My brightest memory of her is from a cruise we took to the British Virgin Islands - we got off the ship and rented a Jeep to drive around the island.  My mom was driving, I was in the passenger seat, and GeeGee was in the backseat of the car - hair blowing in the wind while she drank a beer - as we zipped along lush island roads.  My mom, me, and GeeGee - three generations - had the most fun together on that cruise.  GeeGee always had the most amazing postive outlook on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment