Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Elizabeth Tierney




(Written by Sarah Tierney...)I joined this effort to honor the memory of my grandmother, Elizabeth Tierney. It’s difficult to describe the impact she had on my life in such a short space. She was always a role model for the type of woman I hope to be, and she was also a very good friend. Whenever anything
new or exciting happened to me, I couldn’t wait to call Grandma and tell her all about it because I always knew how genuinely proud and happy she would be for me. Our family visits to Pennsylvania where she lived are among my very favorite childhood memories. She loved to tell stories, share memories, laugh, and dote on her children and grandchildren. She had such a huge heart and was always so full of life and joy. Her family and friends loved her very much.


She passed away in 2005 after a diagnosis of leukemia the year before. Her passing left a huge hole in our family, but I am so grateful for all of the time I had with her and for the memories that I’ll carry forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment