Sunday, March 27, 2011

Carrie Wilson

My name is Carrie Wilson and I began running in the fall of 2008 a few weeks before my first 5K. I set my sights on a half marathon, then a full marathon while simultaneously training for a century (100 mile) bike ride. I thought why not swim a little and do a sprint triathlon! I enrolled in Fleet Feet's Tri 101 training group, had a blast and learned a lot. Most importantly, I began a fun, new lifestyle and met some awesome friends who I continue to train and race with! I am a member of Huntsville Track Club and the Vice President of Team Rocket Tri-Club. When I heard the Dixie Daredevils were looking for a few more runners for Hood To Coast 2012, I jumped at the chance! I look forward to the entire experience- fundraising, training, traveling, and racing with this amazing group of ladies!

Along with running and triathlon, I enjoy hiking, backpacking, camping, kayaking, traveling, yoga, sushi, coffee, cross-country skiing, the color green, awesome family, good friends and good times! I am completely obsessed with Glacier National Park, and the entire state of Montana! I was lucky enough to live in Whitefish and West Glacier, MT for a year and a half in 2005-2006. I spent 5 of those months living in a campground in West Glacier! Yes, in a tent- a three man backpacking one! It was one of the BEST experiences of my life. My first solo backpacking trip ever was 5 nights in Glacier's Grizzly country. Those trips are common practice for me now during my annual summer vacations to Glacier.

I am the Program Coordinator for the Both Parents Program at Family Services Center, which by definition makes me the Event Director for the Summer Sizzler Super Metric Century Bike Ride. This year's Summer Sizzler will be held on Saturday, August 6, 2011. Mark your calendars, tell your friends. Be there! My goals for 2011 are to raise money for American Cancer Society, improve my marathon time, complete my 3rd Ironman 70.3 race, run my first 50k, and travel to Glacier... again! I am also looking forward to meeting my niece who is due in late June! 2012 brings more training and fundraising with the Dixie Daredevils, as well as a full Ironman (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride and 26.2 mile run) and the Hood to Coast Relay, of course!

1 comment:

  1. Carrie...you are an amazing woman. I'm so glad to have met you! :D

    ReplyDelete