Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Beth Whitworth

(Written by Beth)  Hi! I am Beth Whitworth (but I still refer to myself at times by my maiden name Barry – old habits are hard to break!). I am a Family Nurse Practitioner and former dietitian who loves the outdoors, coffee, and listening to live music on the front row. I am a Madison native, but moved away for years of school and work, then found myself coming back to the place I thought I would never return. It was almost two years ago that I moved back to Alabama to be near my now husband, Matt.

I am someone who thrives off the freedom to move whenever my heart desires and to plan for the next big adventure.  So, the thought of living back in my hometown permanently was something that I am still getting used to. But, with the help of new and old friends, I was introduced to the world of running. I am pretty sure if it was not for the next training run with friends or the thrill of the next race to keep me entertained, I may have driven myself and my husband mad! Last year, I went from having never run more than 6 miles, to running a full marathon, and then this year a 50K trail run. Other than my wedding day, I felt the happiest I have ever felt after crossing the 50K finish line!

To have the opportunity to run with such a great group of women and to use my abilities as a runner to support such a life changing cause is an incredible blessing. This is going to be one adventure I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment