Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Melissa Lee


I am elated to have been nominated and chosen to be part of the Dixie Daredevils. Dixie Daredevil’s charity of choice had my undivided attention before I was asked to join their team. I am running to honor both my aunts, Carolyn Morris (colon cancer) and Judy Pricket (breast cancer), who are both currently in remission from their struggle with cancer. Cancer’s ruthlessness has definitely affected my family over the years and the American Cancer Society efforts have had a direct impact on my aunts’ well being. I am excited about raising money to support the American Cancer Society!

A little about me: My motto in life has always been “work hard and play hard” and I believe I live up to that every day. To be completely honest, these days I may even play harder than I work! I am number four of five children and four of us followed my father’s footsteps and became United States Marines. Although I only stayed in the Marine Corps for a four year tour the phrase “once a Marine, always a Marine” is definitely true. There is no such thing as a former Marine and if you doubt that at all, just ask one. I have been running as far back as I can remember, from running from the torment of my older brothers, to trying to catch and tackle my younger brother, to training in preparation of OCS, to the years of Marine Corps Training and to now…just because. My favorite past times include swimming, biking, running, drinking beer, traveling to race events (triathlons, duathlons, run races, etc...), hiking, reading, traveling, laughing, eating and spending time with wonderful family and friends. In my professional life I am merely one of the thousands of engineers who are, literally and figuratively, running around Huntsville.

No comments:

Post a Comment