Monday, January 31, 2011

Sarah Coleman

Hello, my name is Sarah Coleman.  I'm an engineer/project manager and have lived in Huntsville for four years.  I'm originally from out west, but have also lived in Georgia and Washington DC.  I began running in high school and have been running on and off ever since.  In 2008 I ran my first half marathon and fell in love with the distance.  Despite saying "I have no interest in EVER running a marathon," I did my first in 2009 and another in 2010.  In an effort to diversify my training and do something different, I did my first triathlon in 2007 and then really got into the sport in 2009.  I completed my first Olympic distance tri in 2010 and hope to do a half-Ironman someday soon.

I don't have any kids, but have a dog that a few might say is more spoiled than some kids.  She makes a great running partner for speed training, but doesn't grasp the concept of "pacing yourself" for distance training.  I'm training her to be a Therapy Dog and hope to be able to work with in hospitals with sick children once she's old enough to get certified.

I'm super excited about doing this race.  Running as a team will be a new adventure for me, but I think it will only make the experience better to be able to share it with friends!  I've never been to Oregon and am really looking forward to seeing the beautiful state.

Thank you for helping us to support this great cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment