Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fall = FOOTBALL!!!

I have always loved fall.  When I was younger it meant new school supplies and going back to school (I loved it for all of one day, then I couldn't wait for summer vacation!).  As I got older it meant the start of football season!  Okay, to be honest, when I was in high school that was code for DANCES, but it was fun to walk around and talk to friend during the games, too.  When I moved to Northwest Arkansas Fall meant Razorback games and calling the Hogs.  Now that I'm a bonafide Bama fan (for every game but one--can you guess which one that might be?), fall means traveling to T Town and cheering "Roll Tide Roll" as Skynyrd blares over the speakers.

I'll go ahead and apologize to half the state right now...yes, I know there's another SEC school in this state, but living here means picking sides and my side was picked from the first time I set foot in Bryant Denny Stadium (for Saban's first SEC game as Alabama's head coach--against MY Hogs!!).  Yes...I came to the game with a Razorback on my cheek and I called the Hogs faithfully from our 50 yard line, 15th row seat...but I left loving all the Bama fanfare.  To be fair, I've never been to Jordan-Hare (to be honest, I doubt I ever will).  Like I said, living here means picking sides.  Roll Tide!!

I have great news for all you Alabama and Arkansas fans!!  Our very own Melissa Lee has donated a pair of tickets for us to raffle off to the AR/AL game to be held at Bryant Denny on September 24th at 1pm.  These aren't just any tickets either.  They are on the lower level (section KK), row 51, seats 17 and 18.  I just checked Stub Hub and these tickets would currently sell for $265-$278 PER TICKET (row 51 only)!  Once the season begins, the price will go up...trust me on this!  Both teams are going to be very strong this year so this should be a fantastic game.


We are selling raffle tickets for $2 each!!  You can't beat that!  Even if you don't want to go to the game, you can sell them if you are the lucky winner!!  We'll have the drawing on September 21st so we'll have time to overnight the tickets to an out of area winner.  We can accept cash, check, or even credit card (via Pay Pal).  If you would like tickets either chase down someone on the team, or send us an email at dixiedaredevils at gmail dot com (spelled out to avoid spammers!!).  Let us know how many tickets you want and we'll make arrangements to get them to you!

Roll Tide!!  I mean Go Hogs!!  Maybe Roll Hogs??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment